Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Large Hadron Collider #2

...One factor that I find rather distressing, it must be said, is the fairly commonly held belief that “mini” black-holes could be created.
Doesn’t that sound to you like an oxymoron?
“It’s alright, it’s only a mini black-hole”.

“Oh, okay.”

I mean, I’m no scientist, honest, but surely by definition a black-hole is an awesome, indescribably powerful phenomenon, yeah? The fact that they now apparently come in mini sizes does not offer me too much consolation.
It’s not like Mars Bars or ladies skirts.
It’s like a mini cataclysm, or a minor apocalypse- can these things ever be seen as less than fucken enormous?

And how the fuck do you make a black-hole anyway?

Well, I’m guessing, and again I must reiterate so as not to lend too much credence to my musing, for they are only that, I wouldn't want to be seen to be leading anyone down the wrong path here; I’m no fisiks boffin furfukake, but...I’m guessing the answer may be rather simple one.
First, you make a mini black-hole…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home