Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Avril Feckin' Lavigne

I'm a bit loath to even post this, but it fucken bugged me and I thought I'd share.... Got home the other night to be met by my 11yr old daughter brandishing a newspaper clipping that announced that Avril Lavigne will be playing Glasgow in May!!!!!!!!!!!!
She mentioned she'd already been on the internet and thought the tickets would be £50.

I near shat.

I had a wee look myself later and found this fucked up nonsense:

"Avril Lavigne - Monday 26th June 2008 Glasgow Academy Platinum Experience Package Meet & Greet Get up close with Avril! “Best Damn Tour” Platinum packages are available now …once they’re gone, they’re gone. • Meet & Greet with Avril Lavigne before the show (pre-show) • Photo opportunities may be possible (subject to schedules) • Floor (standing) ticket to see Avril Lavigne live in concert • Private VIP entry (where available) • Exclusive “Best Damn Tour” gift • Tour programme • Commemorative VIP pass £159.00 inc VAT & ticket (£27.50 + Booking Fee!!!!) Platinum Package Your Platinum Package includes a meet and greet opportunity, during which we anticipate there will be an opportunity to take photographs (there will not be a professional photographer present due to time constraints). Video cameras and recording devices will not be permitted. (so how the fuck does that work then?????) The Platinum Package elements (VIP Pass, tour programme and “Best Damn Tour” gift) will be presented to you on arrival."

I had to mention to my girl that , and I used The Stranglers here as a "for example", pretty much any other band, if you turned up early enough on the day of the gig, you had a good chance of meeting them and getting yer photo taken etc. So to charge £189.00 a pop (and obviously I'd have to get a another ticket for myself too) for some star-struck 11yr olds to stare at Miss Lavigne for 30secs has got to be a fucken rip-off liberty of the highest fucken order!!!!

etc etc e fucken tc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home